The Independent has collected data on intersections in Apache Junction, Mesa, and Queen Creek, with the highest number of traffic incidents in recent years.
Leading collision locations in these East Valley cities included the following:
• Ironwood Drive and the U.S. 60
• Ironwood Drive and Baseline Road
• Ironwood Drive and Guadalupe Road
There is a higher volume of traffic in the winter months, which can lead to more collisions. The high collision numbers also correlate to the intersections with the most traffic.
• Southern Avenue and Stapley Drive
• Dobson Road and Southern Avenue
• Gilbert Road and Southern Avenue
These intersections are all near the interchanges with the U.S. 60, where there is a high volume of traffic and congestion.
• Rittenhouse and Octotillo Roads
• Rittenhouse and Combs Roads
• Rittenhouse and Village Loop Roads
• Rittenshouse and Germann Roads