Common causes of motorcycle accidents caused by the negligence of truck and car drivers include
• Failure to yield to motorcyclists at intersections
• Failing to see the motorcyclist
• Distracted driving, including cell phone use
• Unsafe lane changes
• Driving while impaired
A range of injuries can occur from road rash to fractures, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, disfigurement and fatal injuries.
Examples of cases where I have represented family members of motorcyclists who lost their lives due to the negligence of another motorist include the following:
• A motorcyclist was hit by a left turning driver on SR 260 in Pinetop, the motorcyclist was killed, I represented his wife, the case was resolved with the insurance company for the negligent driver and the underinsurance carrier of the decedent and his wife.
• A driver drove her vehicle south on Tatum Boulevard and Lincoln Drive in Paradise Valley and made a left turn, her vehicle struck a northbound motorcyclist, he was killed. I represented the motorcyclist’s two adult children and his mother. The claim was settled with the negligent driver’s insurance company.
• In another collision at the same intersection, Tatum Boulevard and Lincoln Drive, a southbound driver made a left turn, and failed to yield the right of way to a northbound motorcyclist, causing a crash resulting in serious injuries to the motorcyclist, including leg fractures and implanted hardware.
Following motorcycle crashes it may be important for an attorney to attempt to locate witnesses and consult with an accident reconstructionist.
Representation by an experienced attorney, certified in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, by the State Bar of Arizona should be considered.